Followers

Sunday 26 June 2011

Woof

I created this card for my friend's birthday.  She has 3 poodles so it just seemed to appropriate.  I am posting this card in response to the DT call for Our Creative Corner.  I would really love to be selected for this design team.  I think that quilling has been a somewhat neglected technique when it comes to cardmaking.  I think that quilling can really enhance a card, even it is only a little flower and I would love to have the opportunity to show quilling to more people.

I need to explain why this is my style.  Anyone who knows me knows I love to quill.  But if you look at my style of card making, it has really evolved over the last couple of years.  I used to do primarily quilling.  I just quilled something, maybe added some background paper and stuck it on the card.  But then I started using sketches and how I thought about my cards changed.  Now, I am much more likely to use a variety of techniques in a card.  And this is the case with this card.  I used quilling but I also used a sketch for the background.  The dog bones on the left are paper pieced and I used foam letters to write the "woof". Sometimes I do like to go back to pure quilling, but I think this card really epitomizes my current style.  In addition, I used bright colours which I love to do.  Finally, the theme is an animal, which is probably my preferred choice of image.  I hope you like it.

If you want to check out Our Creative Corner click here

1 comment:

  1. You're right, I hardly ever see quiling and it's a wonderful technique! I love how you made the dog -spots and all! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC and describing your design style. Good luck with the DT call - we'll be making the decisions this week!

    ReplyDelete